The State Theatre Centre is just a stone’s throw away from Perth Railway Station and Wellington Street Bus Station, making public transport a great option for travelling to and from the theatre. Please note that the William Street Footbridge has been closed.
Perth Train Station can be accessed from the Eastern Concourse, Wellington Street, and the Roe Street entrance to Platform 9. People with accessibility difficulties are encouraged to use the Eastern Concourse that connects the Cultural Centre with Forrest Chase, which is the current option as the William Street footbridge is not DDA compliant.
For more information visit the Perth City Link website
Transperth's BLUE CAT buses travels from the Barrack St Jetty to Northbridge. The closest pick-up and drop-off points to the State Theatre Centre are Beaufort Street (Stop no. 7) and William Street (Stop no. 15). The Blue CAT operates every 7 minutes from 6.50am - 6.20pm (Mon-Thurs), every 15 minutes from 6.20am - 1.00am (Fri), every 15 minutes from 8.30am - 1.00am (Saturday) and every 15 minutes from 10.00am - 6.15pm (Sunday).
It is recommended that patrons requiring special assistance at train and bus stations to contact Transperth on 1800 800 022 for further details. This is a 24 hour service. For more information on routes, timetables and services contact Transperth's
InfoLine on 13 62 13 or visit the Transperth website
Taxi ranks are situated at:
- James Street (outside Food-hall, near corner of Lake Street)
- Milligan Street (alongside Rosie O'Grady's towards Roe Street. Fri & Sat nights, 11pm to 5am only).
- William Street Supervised Rank (located between Francis & James St. Fri & Sat nights, 11pm to 4am only)
- Perth City Rail Station (Wellington Street)
- William Street directly outside the main entrance of the building